Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ramblings....

Ok, so I'm a 40-something that has never blogged before. Until my team said "Hey everyone! Get onto our site and create a blog!" I thought it was some kind of physical ailment I needed a cream for (excuse me doctor.....I have a "blog"). My mouth dropped open when a co-worked asked me if I had ever "Googled" myself, but that's another story. I feel like I've become one those old folks that still hasn't set the timer on their VCR. I ask my kids for technical assistance. Crap. I digress.....so, what do I "blog" about? Daily reports of what my cat Merlin throws in the toilet? I thought that since this was my VERY FIRST BLOG I would talk about my first paranormal experience. I wasn't doing anything too exciting, just playing in my room, when all of a sudden a "hole" seemed to open up in the floor of my room. I stood up quickly and it felt like I was teetering on the edge of an eternal precipice. I could not see the bottom; it seemed to go on forever. A gray mist swirled about down in the hole and moving within that mist were what appeared to be dark shadow people swirling around. Needless to say it scared the daylights out of me so I went and told my parents. That's what you're supposed to do when you're scared, right? I was promptly loaded into the car and a quick trip was made to the bishop of our church. I was given a blessing to rid me of the "Satanic forces" that had obviously overtaken me and I learned to never talk about things like that when I experienced them ever again. Kind of a scary way to grow up. Not understanding what is going on and not having anyone to talk to about it. As an adult, now that I have more knowledge I am much more comfortable with the spirit energies that are all around us. We have an agreement with those that reside with us and so far they keep their end of the bargain, but I will keep you posted if things change. Just because people choose to block them out or are against the idea of "ghosts" or "hauntings" doesn't mean that they aren't out there and hauntings don't happen. I've personally never SEEN a billion dollars, but I know it's out there. My brother-in-law gave me a book for Christmas, kinda grudgingly with a disclaimer he added at the end. "Now, this does NOT mean I approve of what you do, but.....here" as he shoved it at me. The book is called "The Complete Book of Ghosts" by Paul Roland. He wrote "When the dead try to communicate with us we tend to block them out, either because we fear that acknowledging their presence will disturb our sense of reality or because we need to be grounded in the material world". Ghosts and spirits remind us that one day, we too, will join their ranks. I personally take comfort that my energy will continue on after my body is gone. If my kids think I torture them now, they aint seen nothing yet! So....that's it for my first blog. I need to go check the toilet. My cat is on the prowl.

1 comment:

  1. Janie... I love you lol This experience would have had me running for my parents too when I was younger, it sucks that you had that kind of reaction though! At least now you know better and when your kids say they saw something, you know the proper way to react!

    ReplyDelete